Wednesday, March 14, 2012

handbags at dawn.

Another birthday make for mum and this one, I have to say, is my favourite. I got the original idea of decorating a canvas and making it as a present from this wonderful blog abeautifulmess. I wasn't sure how to decorate it at first, I only knew one thing- it was going to be purple. So while flicking through Pinterest and the internet I came across this beautiful find ashleyannphotography and I'm so glad I did. The bag turned out better than I had hoped for and it was simply but yet so effective-just my kind of craft. I liked adding a bit extra, I used the doily pattern in the folds of the bag on either side so when you open it, it adds more jazz. The K also had a bit of fabric paint added to it for that extra bit of sparkle. As it was part of my mum's birthday present I thought it was only right to fill the bag with even more presents. Presents in a present, you can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment