Wednesday, February 22, 2012

being human.

(image via wikipedia)

I have been a fan of the BBC's Being Human since I was introduced to it by Alex, three years ago. I caught up with series one and couldn't wait for series two to begin. It is now on its fourth series, but with some many changes in the cast I am struggling to enjoy this series as much as the three that came before it. For anyone who has not seen the show, it centers on a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf all living together and, funnily enough, trying to be human. Now, there is still a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf, but the orginal vampire and the werewolf are no longer in it. This is where I am struggling; for new viewers to the show, you need to know very little back story for this series and you would still be able to follow the story and get excited and involved in the show. For me, I watched the three protagonists gain a friendship and the lives that followed but now, I feel the trinity has to be kept so they have ended up putting the three figures in a show together. With my two favourite characters gone (and definetly not coming back) and the current series already half way through its run, I do not know whether it will get better. I hope something will happen to get me excited to sit in front of the tv again on a Sunday and to be lost in the Being Human world; but right now, I'm sticking to the series 1-3 boxset.
How do you guys feel when they change characters in your favourite shows?




No comments:

Post a Comment