Saturday, January 21, 2012

time for tea


It's my 21st on Monday and my mum is up for the weekend to help start off the birthday celebrations. So yesterday, an hour before she arrived, I thought it would be perfect to bake and ice a load of cupcakes to welcome her. I managed to do it within that hour and they turned out pretty nice. I also got to use my cupcake stand for the first time since I got it at Christmas.

Strawberry Cupcakes

Ingredients

Cupcakes:
100g Butter or marg
100g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
Strawberries cut into quarters

Icing:
75g butter (at room temp)
175g icing sugar
A splash of milk
Food Colouring

Method

1.Preheat your oven to 180c
2.Mix the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
3.Add the eggs, one at a time.
4.Add flour and strawberries and bring together.
5.Place in cases and bake until golden brown.
6.For the icing, place all ingredients in a bowl and bring together.
7.Once cooked, let the cupcakes cool and then proceed to ice and decorate however you fancy!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a lovely birthday. I have given you a cute blog award
    http://rubee-rubee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete